Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Tree Museum



Simon and I took our first trip to the tree museum today.  They were celebrating Earth Day (early I guess) and even though I knew their activities would be too old for him I felt the need to go.  We hiked the outer loop trail which is no joke, especially with a 20 pound kid strapped to you in a Moby in the Houston humidity when you're roughly as in shape as Rush Limbaugh.  We stopped and read the signs explaining this and that.  We saw some chick actually hug a tree. 

They also apparently had bussed in the backwood Conroe folk.  It was hard to find a quiet place to sit by the pond without having to hear one of their chillins talk about how "Mama said she was gonna catch a turtle!  Let's fetch her and tell her we found some!"  But we did find a big empty deck where I let Simon free to explore.  He picked at the nature stuck between the boards and thought it was great fun to crawl down the slight incline.  He got good and dirty, just like a proper boy should.  We stopped by the watermelon stand they had set up and had us a slice. 

On the way home I had to get something to drink so I stopped by Chik-fil-a for a lemonade (yum!) and got a sandwich that dribbled tomato juice all down the front of my shirt.  We then went to HEB for a few groceries and I decided we looked like backwood Conroe folk.  Luckily we only ran into one person I knew. 

It was a good day and Simon was a good sport about the whole thing. 

2 comments:

  1. This post makes my heart happy! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete