Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mommy's Giggles

I have a real problem.  I laugh way too easily.  It's not normally a problem, but when I'm trying to tell Simon "No" to him dropping food on the floor I need to do it with some amount of gravity (pun intended).  It happened again this morning.  He dropped one piece of pita on the floor.  Then another.  Then a raisin.  I tell him, "You don't have to eat all of this but we do NOT throw food on the floor."  He drops another raisin.  "No, Simon."  I block his arm so he can't get it past his tray.  "We don't drop food."  I think, "That boy don't listen for nothing."  I crack a smile at his defiance and spirit.  And then I start to giggle which turns this into a real fun game and I watch my dear boy give me a look that says, "Look what I'm gonna do!" and he again drops bit after bit of food on the floor while I cover my face trying to keep him from seeing me laugh.  This kind of thing also seems to happen at church too.  I try not to get the giggles as he yells "BA BA BA!" at the top of his lungs but I'm a total failure.  God, please don't let me end up with a brat.  If I do it's all my fault.  I'm so sorry, boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment