Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tears


I miss this face all day long.


 I don't write on here like I should.  I really need to make more of an effort to capture these early months and years because they will go by so quickly.


Tonight was one of those nights when I'm swaying with Simon in my arms and singing to him except my voice keeps cracking and giving way because I'm crying.  I cry because I want to hold him forever.  I cry because I feel like I'm not around enough for him.  I cry because he's growing so fast and the days when I can rock him to sleep are numbered. 


But as he grows I get to experience new and awesome things.  I cannot wait to hear him tell me the thoughts in his head, his hopes, his dreams.  I cannot wait to hear him say, "I love you, Mommy."  But I can.  I must not and will not wish these days away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment