Friday, September 26, 2014

The Aquabats! Part Deux! Electric Bugaloo!



We saw The Aquabats again last night. Simon did me so proud. He's always pretty tired lately, what with the chemo. So it was kind of a crap shoot how he would be. We waited in line outside for about an hour and he was limp and all but asleep. I did not have high expectations.

We managed to get on the guest list for the meet & greet, thanks to some awesome friends. When we went in they played Doing Science and Showtime. Then we went to meet them. Simon just wanted to sit off to the side, but I wouldn't let him. The first we met was Bones. Luckily everyone knew Simon on sight because I'm never sure what to say. Everyone signed his cape and we thanked everyone for the song. We announced he was having his last chemo the next day and I guess we were overheard because some stranger that was there bought Simon the coloring book and told him to "fight the good fight".   Crash was totes adorbs and asked if we could do a picture. I asked if we could do a big group shot since the last one didn't come out so well. Of course they indulged.

Then the most amazing thing happened. Simon climbed out of my arms and had a few Team Simon wristbands and went from Aquabat to Aquabat handing them out. It was the most adorable thing I ever saw. What a huge deal!

Meeting The MCBC was interesting. I told him about my inlaws knowing him way back in the day. He totally remembers my husband's brothers and said he remembers my husband being born. He said his dad and my father in law were good friends. It felt like a feat to sort of blow his mind.



We were invited back stage to do the picture. We waited for a couple of minutes and caught MCBC sans mask and dome. Simon was very curious and looked around as much as he could. We took several pictures but he still wouldn't smile. Finally MCBC got him to smile by tickling him. The only way I could tell is because Simon was hiding his mouth so they couldn't see his huge smile.

While we waited for the opening band, Simon did some Simon stuff, marching around and crazy dancing. He also knew now where The Aquabats were and really wanted to go back and see them again, pointing at the door. I think if we ever do get to see them again he'll do even better. Luckily they had some seats in the back because Simon did not want to get up close. I had no interest in Emily's Army and was glad when they were done.

The Aquabats played a lot of older stuff, like pre FEOD, which is a fairly old album.  There was a group of "punks" "dancing" in a circle but there were also lots of kids. The chicken man came out throwing chicken and a big inflatable dinosaur  tried to get him but MCBC chased him away which Simon cracked a smile at. He made it through the entire thing even though he was so tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment