Saturday, November 12, 2011

Big Brave Mommy

*Dramatization of actual event*
I got my flu shot today.  HEB was doing them at the hospital.  It's something that's been on my list but I just haven't had time to do.  So today my mommy took me for my shot.  I'm really just getting it for Simon's sake this year.  I hate needles.  Have I ever mentioned that?  And it's been a couple of years since my last shot.  I joked that I wanted Child Life to come.  They're the awesome folks that come when Simon gets his IV put in.  They bring toys and are a great distraction for him.  I took a deep breath and told myself I can do this.  I thought about how many times Simon's been poked in the past 6 months.  It's far too many for me to count.  It didn't hurt too bad.  But I hope he appreciates what I've done for him.  I don't get a shot for just anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Just another May mommy here to remind you that you are doing an awesome job! You have so much to deal with but you are keeping it all together so well. You and Simon are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete