Thursday, September 1, 2011

Someday

Someday...

my little baby will go to school.
he'll be a big boy... too big to cuddle.
he'll race his car in the Pinewood Derby.
he'll curse at long division.
we'll help him build a science fair exhibit.
my sweet little angel will go to his first dance and meet some floozy and not need his Mommy anymore.
that floozy will break his heart.
he'll meet someone he says is The One, but she won't be.
I'll get letters from Elder Leavitt in Boise. 
he'll really meet The One and I'll have to remind myself I'm not losing a son but gaining a daughter.
I'll be a mother-in-law.
I'll be a grandma.
I'll look back on it all with tears in my eyes because my sweet little boy is a grown ass man.
he'll put a flower on my casket as it's lowered in the ground.

...or at least I can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment