Saturday, January 15, 2011

My new books

Simon and I have had a pretty awesome day.  We made peas and had lunch.  I've been giving Simon bits of real food instead of his puree because he's very hit and miss with that lately.  So he had bits of apple, some yogurt, and a pea or two.  I still can't tell if he likes peas. 

I started to get a little stir-crazy so we ventured out to B&N to look at the books.  I found a couple silly/awesome books for him.


We have another book, Tubby, by this offer and it's just about the only book that Simon will sit through.  The artwork is simple but great.  I was seriously laughing out loud in the store when I was reading through this one.





We're always trying to show Simon how to pet the kitty.  He absolutely loves doing it and will sometimes army-crawl as fast as his little arms will take him to get to the kitty.  And what little boy doesn't love a good dinosaur?


When we left it was sort of misty and drizzly.  I tried to keep Simon covered up but he wouldn't have it.  He kept pulling the shade down and seemed to really enjoy the drops on his face.  He was all smiles.  Then we made it home and had dinner and folded laundry.  I decided it was time to get him to settle down, settle down now.  We went in his room and turned on the Mozart and danced a bit.  Those were very sweet and special few minutes.

One of the best parts of the day, however, was before he got up.  Both my fellas slept in this morning so I had all the Christmas stuff put away before either woke up.  It felt good to check that off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment