Thursday, September 13, 2012

Friend

We have a new woman watching Simon now.  She's a lady from church with 5 or so kids of her own.  One is a 3 year old boy.  He just started going there yesterday, but by all accounts it's going swimmingly.  Word on the street is he's been behaving himself and even got a nap today.  Her elementary school daughters came home and loved doting on him.  He didn't even care when Daddy left him there.

This morning after I left I'm told he grabbed his bag and went to the front door.  He kept saying "I friend!"  He was so anxious to go see his friend.  He's been so isolated for so long he hasn't really been around kids except his cousins.  It's so awesome and sweet to know he now has a friend.  It kinda makes me verklempt.  Apparently today when he went over there his pal came to the door and the two of them took off to go play.  It's something so small but it still makes me so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment